The sinister threat of snack bags

The sinister threat of snack bags

Before you dig into your favorite bag of snacks, think twice about the dire impact that bag could have on your pet.

Every year, hundreds of pets — dogs and cats, small and large — die after putting their heads in snack bags. When they inhale, the vacuum created tightens the bag around their face and they can suffocate within minutes.

The best way to avoid this tragedy is to store snacks in rigid plastic containers and serve them in bowls. Safe disposal of bags is equally important to pets or wild animals that raid the garbage. Cutting open 2 sides of the bag or tying it in a knot will render it harmless.

Despite the numbers, relatively few people know about this tragic threat, so please spread the word. We’re guaranteed to save lives if we all pay it forward.

Related Episodes